Saturday, February 12, 2011

Clean and Simple FTL127 - I Love You


                        CAS FTL 127


So here is my Valentines Card for my husband.  And my first challenge entry as well.  I think it turned out rather well. And it is the only occasion I could get away with giving him a pink card(well mostly pink)! I also love the owl and have been waiting for an opportunity to  use it! 



The image was coloured with Copics and if I haven't mentioned it already,  I am still learning how to use these and blend like a pro. Trying to make the felt button wasn't as easy as I expected. I had to use a few layers of cardstock shim to get the die to cut through the felt I had and even then it wasn't cut all the way through. I think it may have been the felt I was using.
I embossed the sentiment with red embossing powder to tie in the red button and the love heart held by the owl. The colour combination works well. 

I'm sure it will be a hit on Monday! (Fingers crossed anyway) but my husband loves anything that I make him!


Here are the main items I used:

Cuttlebug :Kimmy Luvs Embossing Folder
Kaisercraft: Mini Clear Stamp Owl
Fiskars Sentiment: I love you (from Romance set)
MFT Die-namics: Button Quartet






1 comments:

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

For just learning to blend with Copics, your owl looks wonderful, I really like the embossed background. Very cute card.

Post a Comment